[OS X TeX] Xindy?

Piet van Oostrum piet at cs.uu.nl
Wed Jul 19 21:21:20 CEST 2006

>MS> On 16-jul-2006, at 22:17, Simon Spiegel wrote:
>>> I'm a bit late to reply on this, I just came back from my  vacations.
>>> Thank you very much for providing this, I'll check it  and give my
>>> feedback next week.

>MS> I (and the xindy mailing list people) are still interested in reports  on
>MS> installing the source package at http://dev.atmarama.org/xindy-2.2-
>MS> beta2.tar.gz
>MS> This package is intended to become the default install method for  Xindy.
>MS> The package works for me with:

>MS> download and unarchive:
>MS> 	curl -O http://dev.atmarama.org/xindy-2.2-beta2.tar.gz
>MS> 	tar -xzf xindy-2.2-beta2.tar.gz
>MS> 	cd xindy-2.2-beta2
>MS> Configure:
>MS> 	./configure
>MS> Build:
>MS> 	make
>MS> Sanity check:
>MS> 	make check
>MS> Install:
>MS> 	sudo make install

I installed it on Mac OS X 10.4.7 (PPC), using gcc 3.3. It only choked on
the documentation because some font wasn't available and generating it
failed. After issuing 'make -k' it finished and the example in your message
works.

Some older software sometimes has problems with gcc 4. It could be that
clisp is one of them.
--
Piet van Oostrum <piet at cs.uu.nl>