[OS X TeX] Standard preamble

Alain Schremmer Schremmer.Alain at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 18:44:35 CEST 2006

Victor Ivrii wrote:

> On 7/18/06, Alain Schremmer <Schremmer.Alain at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Victor Ivrii wrote:
>> >
>> > 1) You actually have plenty of independent files which should be
>> > processed independently.
>> > Make preamble.tex  and put
>> >
>> > \input{preamble.tex}
>> > instead of preamble of each of them.
>>  wanted was 1) and I apologize: Rather than just trying, I had
>> assumed that you couldn't possibly use \include in the preamble. Next
>> time, I will try first.
>>

> You cannot use \include{} in preamble but you can use \inpit{} there
> Also in the body \include{} and \input{} work differently (\include{}
> includes  \clearpage)

Well, for whatever reason and probably accidentally, \include did on my
testing grounds. The only problem I had was that since the actual parts
of the book are in different folders, I cannot use a standard
\include{mypreamble} but have to use
\include{../FolderPartIsIn/mypreamble} which is not a big deal and since
Goedde's suggestion voids the issue, this is the way I will be going.

Grateful regards
--schremmer