[OS X TeX] RTF2LaTeX2e (was: new fat i-Packages)

André Bellaïche abellaic at math.jussieu.fr
Sat Jul 15 16:41:00 CEST 2006

Le 27 janv. 06 à 13:31, Gerben Wierda a écrit :

> On 27 Jan 2006, at 09:28, Gerben Wierda wrote:

>>> Yes. Definitely.
>>
>> Nice. The problem here is that it seems ot be a dead
>> (unmaintained) project and it won't compile on 10.3 and will
>> probably be misconfigured on intel under 10.4 (I looked at the code).
>
> I have made an attempt. The problem is that building it depends on
> stuff not available anymore since 10.3. I tried removing all the
> Mac code and got a working unix-only version, but it is not able to
> handle Equations.rtf in the examples.
>
> So, I am going to keep the i-Package as-is, PowerPC-only.

It seems that with a Power-PC and a 10.4.7 system, rtf2latex2e
doesn't work: that is, when you drop your file on the rtf2latex2e.bin
icon in usr/local/rtf2latex2e, the system thinks that rtf2latex2e.bin
is a directory and tells you you are not allowed to modify the
element rtf2latex2e.bin

I can see no means to make rtf2latex2e.bin to work under classic;

Fortunately, I have a laptop wich can start under MacOS9.