[OS X TeX] Where to put the .sty ?

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Thu Jul 13 15:39:41 CEST 2006

Le 13 juil. 06 à 15:17, Franck Pastor a écrit :

> As for me, I don't even know what texdoc is?

A TeX documentation browser. Invoked from Terminal. Locates the
documentation file for a given TeX component and launches the
appropriate viewer application based on file extension. For this,
uses a database /Library/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/texdoctk/
texdoctk.dat associating "component" names with documentation files.

You may try, for example:

	texdoc teTeX
	texdoc kpathsea
	texdoc clsguide
	texdoc hyperref

For some reason, it seems to fail on documentation that is in DVI
format, like /Library/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/doc/generic/babel/
user.dvi for the babel package, though the database contains the
appropriate entry. Instead a browser page showing the TeX Catalogue
Online is shown. Possibly a faulty configuration file somewhere, or a
permission and ownership problem?