[OS X TeX] Where to put the .sty ?

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Thu Jul 13 15:35:34 CEST 2006

Am 13.07.2006 um 14:57 schrieb André Bellaïche:

> Suppose I have also written a little user guide called
> myletter.doc.pdf. Haw can I manage so that Terminal/texdoc myletter
> can find it ?

/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/doc/latex is the tree.

Don't forget sudo -H texhash! And I think myletter.pdf is a better
name. Texdoc searches for <name>.<ext>, with ext being dvi, ps, pdf,
txt, html. The 'doc' is already in the directory's name.

--
Greetings

   Pete

"Isn't vi that text editor with two modes... one that beeps and one
that corrupts your file?" -- Dan Jacobson, on comp.os.linux.advocacy