[OS X TeX] Newer Droplatexdiff.app

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Jul 11 21:52:39 CEST 2006

Howdy,

A while back I put together a Dropscript for latexdiff (basically a
wrapper built around a small shell script along with a pre-packaged
latexdiff-fast).

Someone mentioned that it was very useful to them (it's a while back
and I've deleted lots of older e-mails --- sorry) because it couldn't
deal with identically names files in two different directories; you
can only select and drag files in a single directory window at once.
This turns out not to be exactly true! By using the Finder's Find...
(Cmd-F) command you can get, select and drag files from several
different directories at once. So, if you have old and new versions
of foo.tex in two different directories you can select them (in the
Find... window) and drag them onto the dropscript.

To make this all work a bit smoother I've re-written the shell script
in the Droplatexdiff.app to work with two files from different
directories. Note: the log file and the diff .tex file are written to
the directory of the newer version at this time so you must have
write permissions in that directory. I may change this to write the
log and diff files to the Desktop if that makes sense to you folks.

In any case, you can pick up the updated Droplatexdiff.zip file at
<http://homepage.mac.com/herbs2/>.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)