[OS X TeX] Xindy?

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sat Jul 8 16:13:46 CEST 2006

Am 08.07.2006 um 15:36 schrieb Simon Spiegel:

> I get an error here:
>
> touch tests.passed.powerpc-apple-darwin8.7.0
> ./minitests > minitests.out
> make[3]: *** [check] Error 132
> make[2]: *** [callback.h] Error 2
> make[1]: *** [xindy.run] Error 2
> make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

	I haven't come that far yet with Maarten's all-in-one archive. I
started my description on how to get Xindy on Mac OS X with these lines:

	• Subscribe at https://sourceforge.net to become a member to write
bug reports.
	• Install Apple's Developer Meta Package.
	• Become an Apple Developer. It costs nothing, but you'll get the
newest Xcode and GNU Compiler Collection. Get these and install.
	• Install Apple's X11SDK package.
	• Get and install gettext. It is needed to output localised
messages. It depends on libinconv. Both can be obtained from Fink and
DarwinPorts. Readline seems to be necessary, too. Again, on Fink and
DarwinPorts.
	• Automake 1.9 is needed. Fink and DarwinPorts provide it.
	• A Fortran compiler is searched for, but I am not sure whether one
is needed. Use G95 from Fink or DarwinPorts (it's and gcc's, on which
it depends, compilations take long!).

	During the configure process a lot of things will be checked and
reported. Look for lines like:

		checking whether we are cross compiling...

	The answer has to be "no!" Otherwise you would need to set
environment variables like CC, CFLAGS, CPPFLAGS, LDFLAGS.

Which components from the list above are missing? How many forms
popped up telling you that a “conftest” programme had crashed? Are
your environment variables CC, CFLAGS, CPPFLAGS, LDFLAGS set to some
value? Have you seen at the end of configuration:

	cd trampoline_r; make all
	ln -s ../../../ffcall/callback/trampoline_r/trampoline_r.h.in
trampoline_r.h
	/bin/sh ./libtool --mode=compile gcc -g -O2 -I. -I../../../ffcall/
callback/trampoline_r -c ../../../ffcall/callback/trampoline_r/
trampoline.c
	gcc -g -O2 -I. -I../../../ffcall/callback/trampoline_r -c ../../../
ffcall/callback/trampoline_r/trampoline.c -o trampoline.o
	../../../ffcall/callback/trampoline_r/trampoline.c: In function
'alloc_trampoline_r':
	../../../ffcall/callback/trampoline_r/trampoline.c:354: error:
'vm_page_size' undeclared (first use in this function)
	../../../ffcall/callback/trampoline_r/trampoline.c:354: error: (Each
undeclared identifier is reported only once
	../../../ffcall/callback/trampoline_r/trampoline.c:354: error: for
each function it appears in.)
	make[1]: *** [trampoline.lo] Error 1
	make: *** [all-subdirs] Error 2

*                                                                    *
	   * To build & install the xindy package type the following
commands:  *

*                                                                    *
	   *
make                                                       *
	   *         make
install                                               *

This failure can explain your test failure. I'm not that far yet, I
think I'll check first the trampoline section ...

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

   Pete

What’s the difference between OS X and Vista?

Microsoft employees are excited about OS X…