[OS X TeX] Cannot save in TeXShop

Tom Vawter tvawter at austincc.edu
Sat Jul 8 00:28:04 CEST 2006

> On Jul 7, 2006, at 12:25 PM, Tom Vawter wrote:
>
> > Thanks Herb,
> >
> > I am the owner of the folders in question.  But I do not have write
> > permission-go figure.
> >
> > Tom Vawter
>
> Helped someone once that couldn't delete files from their Desktop. We
> looked at the Get Info for his Desktop Folder and discovered he had
> locked it (in the Mac sense --- the locked checkbox was checked).
> When weird things like this happen I immediately start looking at
> permissions and checkboxes.
>
> Good Luck,
>
> Herb Schulz
> (herbs at wideopenwest.com)

Sorry to be confusing.  Path Finder told me that I was the owner of the
folders in question.  It also told me that I did not have write
permission.  The Finder Get Info said I had read only permission.  When
I changed (in the Finder) the permissions to Read & Write, I was able to
save files in TeXShop.

Tom Vawter