[OS X TeX] Opustex and TexShop on OSX

Teresa Clark twclark21 at mac.com
Thu Jul 6 00:13:44 CEST 2006

Thank you to everyone who helped me with this.  I ended up using the
engine, modified, to run pdfetex.

#!/bin/tcsh
echo $1
set basefname="`basename "$1" .tex`"
rm "$basefname".ox*
pdfetex "$1"
~/Library/TeXShop/bin/opusflex "$basefname"
pdfetex "$1"
rm "$basefname".ox*

I delete the extra files before the runs, as sometimes the runs have
to be aborted for errors. Then left the deletes at the end to clean
up a clean compilation.

My daughter modified it to run LaTex with opustex and then make an index

#!/bin/tcsh
echo $1
set basefname="`basename "$1" .tex`"
rm "$basefname".ox*
latex "$1"
~/Library/TeXShop/bin/opusflex "$basefname"
latex "$1"
makeindex "$basefname"
latex "$1"
dvips "$basefname"
ps2pdf "$basefname".ps
rm "$basefname".ox*

With much gratitude for your patience and generosity
Teresa Clark