[OS X TeX] name of print jobs is untitled

stephenmoye at cox.net stephenmoye at cox.net
Mon Jul 3 20:44:13 CEST 2006

---- Friedrich Vosberg <vatolin at mac.com> wrote:
> Sorry, but I do really need a solution for the problem with the untitled
> print jobs. Does really nobody knows a bugfix or workarround or dirty hack
> to get titled print jobs?
>
> TIA and kind regards. Friedrich
>

> Am 30.06.2006 21.20 Uhr schrieb Friedrich Vosberg:
>
> > Morning.
> >
> > I use the most current version of MacOS X 10.4.7, TeXShop 2.09b and a
> > printer Xerox Phaser 3450 DN. When I print a file in the printer queue the
> > file is named »untitled«.
> >
> > All print jobs from all other applications are in the printer queue named
> > with their correct file name. But not in TeXShop.
> >
> > Is this a feature or a misbehaviour?
> >
> > TIA and kind regards. Friedrich

I can confirm that this also happens with TeXShop 2.10beta2. I was going to propose, as a workaround until the problem is fixed, that you could print the PDF using Preview. But then I discovered another anomaly. If I print a TeXShop produced PDF -- say, foobar1.pdf -- it shows up as foobar.dvi (?!) in the queue and on the printer's cover sheet. Still, I think that you could use Preview for the present.