[OS X TeX] TeXShop 2.09

Gary L. Gray gray at engr.psu.edu
Sun Jan 29 17:00:44 CET 2006

On Jan 29, 2006, at 10:55 AM, Kyle Johnson wrote:

> On Jan 29, 2006, at 10:48 AM, Gary L. Gray wrote:
>

>> On Jan 29, 2006, at 8:01 AM, Steffen Wolfrum wrote:
>>
>>> 1) Something very small but yet very useful would be a kind of
>>> "Balance" command.
>>> You might know it: The cursor stands right in some text, you
>>> press "Balance" and the entire area around the cursor gets
>>> highlithed: from the closest opening bracket to the corresponding
>>> closing bracket.
>>> Very useful!
>>
>> I can't comment on your other requests, but TeXShop already does
>> the above. Simply double-click a delimiter and TeXShop will select
>> it, its matching partner, and everything in between. BBEdit and
>> Xcode do this too. I think it is part of NSTextView, which, I
>> believe, TeXShop uses.
>
> This isn't the behavior I get on my TeXShop 2.09 running on 10.4.4.
> It's this feature that keeps me wedded to BBEdit.

That is odd, since it certainly works here for (), [], and {} pairs
(I just tried it again to make sure I am not delirious on this Sunday
morning). I am also running 10.4.4 and TeXShop 2.09, but it has had
this capability for years. This is just a guess, but there might be a
pref you need to turn on. Do you have "Parens Matching" turned on in
the Document tab in the TeXShop Preferences?

-- Gary