[OS X TeX] monowidth font justified

Ingo Reich ireich at mac.com
Sun Jan 29 15:46:18 CET 2006

Hi, I'd like to set some text with a fixed \textwidth (35 characters)
in a monowidth font. Since I'd like to have justified output I get
problems with hyphenation. Is there any (straightforward) way to tell
latex to fill each line with exactly 35 characters and then do
hyphenation if necessary (ignoring sophisticated language specific
hyphenation rules etc.)?
Ingo

P.S.: I already tried "hyphenat.sty" with "htt" option and
"ragged2e.sty", but they only give raggedright output. The same is
true for the following setting from the TeX Book:
\hyphenpenalty=-1000 \pretolerance=-1 \tolerance=1000
\doublehyphendemerits=-10000 \finalhyphendemerits=-100000