[OS X TeX] Distiller

Siep Kroonenberg siepo at cybercomm.nl
Sun Jan 29 15:07:01 CET 2006

On Sun, Jan 29, 2006 at 02:34:45PM +0100, Gerben Wierda wrote:
> On 29 Jan 2006, at 14:24, Siep Kroonenberg wrote:
> >
> >Of course, this algorithm will choke on very large eps files which
> >might still be manageable in a purely line-by-line way.
>
> Which exactly is why I had to abandon that approach. My first rewrite
> of epstopdf was along those "read in one go".

An alternative would be to apply the same algorithm to an initial
chunk, and if necessary to a final chunk of the file.

Any indication what size (order of magnitude) becomes too large?
I am pretty sure it is not going to be a problem for the people for
whom I am maintaining a tex installation, but for e.g. professional
typesetters there might be a real problem.

--
Siep Kroonenberg