[OS X TeX] Indented lists

Keith Knipling k-knipling at northwestern.edu
Sat Jan 28 03:44:20 CET 2006

I am hacking a resume document for preparing my CV. I have defined
each section as its own environment, containing essentially list
data. Here is an example of a defined environment (what would go in
the preamble:

<Preamble>

\newenvironment{seci}[1]{  %Containing itemized list
\vspace{2em}
{\large\sc\textbf{#1}}
	\begin{itemize}
		\setlength{\leftmargin}{10em}
		\setlength{\rightmargin}{0em}
		\setlength{\itemindent}{0em}% indentation of first line of an item;
can be negative
		\setlength{\listparindent}{0em}% space for paragraph indent after
the first
		\setlength{\itemsep}{1em}% amount of extra vertical space between
items
		\setlength{\parsep}{10em}
	}{\end{itemize}}

And below is what goes in the document:

<Text>

\begin{seci}{Affiliations}
\item Materials Research Society
\item ASM International
\item The Minerals, Metals, and Materials Society
\item American Vacuum Society
\end{seci}

\begin{seci}{More Affiliations}
\item Materials Research Society
\item ASM International
\item The Minerals, Metals, and Materials Society
\item American Vacuum Society
\end{seci}

Try changing the \leftmargin parameter and see if it does anything.
Fiddle with the other numbers (parsep, e.g.), and things change, but
the \leftmargin, which is what i would like to adjust most, does
nothing. Anyone have a good idea?

Thanks,

Keith

Keith Knipling
Ph.D. Candidate, Materials Science & Engineering
Northwestern University
2220 North  Campus Drive
Evanston, IL  60208
Office:    (847) 491-5933