[OS X TeX] texdoctk

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Fri Jan 27 11:20:53 CET 2006

Am 27.01.2006 um 01:43 schrieb Paul McCann:

> open a *new* terminal window and enter
>
>      sudo cpan
>
> If it's your first time using cpan you'll be asked some questions,
> almost all of which can be given the default responses. Post that
> (but still with the "cpan>" prompt showing) you can get to where
> you need to be with
>
>      install Tk

Yes, that's the necessary procedure, but it would better if the Perl
module would come with TeX, because the next sentence is not
completely true:

> Sit back, relax, and hopefully enjoy the ride...

I ran into few situations where other modules were needed too, and
there were other situations where the installation did not succeed
because the compilation phase had errors (and every time I installed
or updated a module this defective module was tried to install again
and again). Could be I wanted too exotic modules for Mac OS X, but in
my opinion cpan is still a tool for an advanced Perl user.

--
Greetings

   Pete

``How do we persuade new users that spreading fonts across the page
like peanut butter across hot toast is not necessarily the route to
typographic excellence?'' -- Peter Flynn