[OS X TeX] FOILtex OR Seminar

Jose Figueroa-O'Farrill j.m.figueroa at ed.ac.uk
Thu Jan 26 19:02:51 CET 2006

>>>>> "Marcus" == Marcus Michalsky <mmichalsky at gmx.de> writes:

Marcus> Hi, can anybody help me, with the decision of using FOILtex or
Marcus> Seminar to make a presentation ?

Marcus> I have to do a presentation in a seminar at the university. (meaning
Marcus> landscape slides beaming to the wall)

Marcus> I have found FOILtex and Seminar. Which one is easier to learn,
Marcus> better to use ?
Marcus> Is one of them outdated ?

I have been using Foiltex (+ ppower4) for a while and I like it;
although I'm not necessarily advocating it over any other system:
beamer, prosper, powerdot,...  I wrote some notes on using it for the
benefit of colleagues at my School:

        http://www.maths.ed.ac.uk/~jmf/Foils/intro.html

Maybe you'll find this useful.

Cheers, José

--
Prof José M Figueroa-O'Farrill  | Phone: +44 (0) 131 6505066
School of Mathematics           | Fax: +44 (0) 131 6506553