[OS X TeX] \inaccessible \bibitem

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Tue Jan 24 19:42:47 CET 2006

On 24 Jan 2006, at 5:51 pm, Ingo Reich wrote:

> here's another piece of information: I found out that whenever I
> comment out \setlength{\bibsep}{1pt} the error message disappears.
> so the problem seems to be related to this command (though I don't
> know why it didn't cause any trouble in the majority of cases). Is
> there any other way to manipulate the \bibsep (\itemsep) between
> the bibitems which I could try?

It seems to me that nobody has yet identified the true cause of your
problem, and until this is found and fixed, the document is likely to
be fragile at best.

As the fragments we've seen don't seem to include anything out of the
ordinary, I think we probably need to see a lot more of the source
material, so that the LaTeX experts on the list can see the *full*
context where the error happens, reproduce it for themselves, and
then track down the root cause.

Can you make a copy of the document and eliminate other material
(perhaps everything except the bibliography) until you have a fairly
small test case that still exhibits the same problem?

JK