[OS X TeX] paths in input & include

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Sun Jan 22 18:20:25 CET 2006

On 22 Jan 2006, at 12:35, Themis Matsoukas wrote:

> On Jan 15, 2006, at 8:50 AM, Maarten Sneep wrote:
>> TeX allows for the following, at least for \input'ted, and
>> \include'd files:
>>
>> \input "subfile with spaces in its name"
>> \input{"subfile with spaces in its name"}
>> \include{"subfile with spaces in its name"}
>
> I tried the above and met with partial success:
>
> The following worked:
>    \input{"folder1 with space"/"folder2 with space"/"latex file
> with space"}
>
> but the following did not:
>    \include{"folder1 with space"/"folder2 with space"/"latex file
> with space"}

Question 1: the only "odd" character is a space, not other "funny"
characters, like ß, é, ƒ, or ™
Question 2: (this should not be an issue, but just in case): is the "
turned into an active character (the babel package for various
languages does this, Dutch, German, …).
Question 3: Have you tried \include{"folder1 with space/folder2 with
space/latex file with space"}