[OS X TeX] once more: owners, groups and privilegues of texmf.local

Friedrich Vosberg vatolin at mac.com
Sun Jan 22 15:59:09 CET 2006

Morning.

Am 22.01.2006 um 11.55 schrieb Gerben Wierda:

> On 21 Jan 2006, at 21:23, Friedrich Vosberg wrote:
>
>> Now I consider to change the group of texmf.local and its
>> subdirectories to admin.
>
> That would not help because the directories are not group-writable.

I've changed the privilegues to 775.

>> What would you suggest?
>
> You can set the ownership of teTeX in the configure phase of the
> TeX i-Package. If you own it yourself, you can write and everybody
> can still read. I think that would be the simplest way.

No. This is not my approach. I want to achieve that *every* admin can
modify the TeX installation.

> You can set the ownership of teTeX in the configure phase of the
> TeX i-Package. If you own it yourself, you can write and everybody
> can still read. I think that would be the simplest way.

Should I change the permissions of teTeX and subdirectories to 775,
or causes this further problems?

TIA and kind regards. Friedrich

--
Windows, c'est un peu comme le beaujolais nouveau: a chaque nouvelle
cuvee on sait que ce sera degueulasse, mais on en prend quand meme,