[OS X TeX] Re: hyperlink to files in samefolder as pdf

Luis Sequeira lfsequeira at fc.ul.pt
Fri Jan 20 12:20:38 CET 2006

On Jan 20, 2006, at 1:00 AM, TeX on Mac OS X Mailing List wrote:

> Subject: Re: [OS X TeX] hyperlink to files in samefolder as pdf
> From: "Gert van Oss" <gertmt at mac.com>
> Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 00:35:53 +0100
>
> appreciate your feedback.
> Guess I'm almost there but with the solution you offer I get one
> forward-slash to many and the word localhost. What am I doing wrong?
>
> If I put the Excel file in the same folder as the LaTeX file (as with
> the folder in between it didn't work) and I put the code as follows:
>
> \href{run:file.xls}{open please...}
>
> I see appearing in the yellow box if I hover the mouse over the link:
> file://localhost/User...etc....
>
> Guess with one slash less and without 'localhost' it should work but
> how do I get there? If I look in the yellow box that appears when I
> hover the mouse over the link with the full path mentioned I see:
> file:/Users....
> This one definitely works.
> Still puzzled and any hints appreciated.
> Gert

I tried a similar example, and got the same result, but the link does
work in Adobe Reader, and fail in Preview.
Never had figured that, as I always used Adobe Reader to do my
presentations.

AFAICT, the link IS correct, but Preview does not honor it.
(although the link does not seem to be *relative* to the current
file, as it should, in order to be portable)

Luis Sequeira