[OS X TeX] hyperlink to files in samefolder as pdf

Luis Sequeira lfsequeira at fc.ul.pt
Thu Jan 19 11:08:01 CET 2006

Hi,
tried various alternatives and I'll definetly try the attachment
later because that asks for 'attachfile.sty' that I don't have (yet).
For now the best alternative offered is the web version!
Thanks!
Gert

On 18 Jan 2006, at 20:46, Ross Moore wrote:

> Alternatively, make the files available on the web and have your
> colleagues download them from there, using  http://  addresses.

When I want to put a link to a file in LaTeX, I use \href with an url
that starts with run:, as in

\href{run:./excels/file.xls}{open the excel file}

You can put the pdf and the excel files in a folder, zip it in the
finder and send the zip file to whomever you want; and they'll get
everything in place just by double-clicking the zip archive and
running the pdf within. Works like a charm.

(By the way, this also a possible alternative for a movie inclusion,
if it gives too much trouble; just put a link to the movie instead of
embedding it)

Luis Sequeira