[OS X TeX] Fatal format file error: ...xelatex.fmt doesn't match xetex.pool

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Thu Jan 19 01:10:20 CET 2006

Am 19.01.2006 um 00:06 schrieb Georg Verweyen:

> Well after updating everything went wrong (as usual) so I
> reinstalled the TeX-iPackage, but I've got a warning about a
> personal configuration file. What's that, were can I remove it.
> I've got a texmf directory in my library, but I don't even have
> permissions for it ... confusing for someone who switched from XP
> to OS X recently.

You were using updmap or fmtutil or texconfig  without -sys as
addition to the script's name and without 'sudo -H' before the command!

In  ~/Library/texmf you can find a few directory trees which will
have these personal configuration files, most probably ~/Library/
texmf/web2c and ~/Library/texmf/fonts. Gerben Wierda once described
in a message exactly these files (I don't have it local). You're
probably able to find it, it was a final (?) description of these
changes due to teTeX 3 and the personal configuration files created ...

OK, I looked into a Perl script:

                 if (-e "$dir/Library/texmf/tex/generic/config/
language.dat" or
                     -e "$dir/Library/texmf/web2c/updmap.cfg" or
                     -e "$dir/Library/texmf/web2c/fmtutil.cnf" or
                     -e "$dir/Library/texmf/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap/
pdftex.map") {

substitute $dir with ~ or $HOME!

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

   Pete

IMBECILITY, n.  A kind of divine inspiration, or sacred fire affecting
censorious critics of this dictionary.
-- Ambrose Bierce: _The Devil's Dictionary_