[OS X TeX] hyperlink to files in samefolder as pdf

rayharder at aol.com rayharder at aol.com
Wed Jan 18 20:40:09 CET 2006

>>\href{excels/test.xls}{this doesn't work....}

Shouldn't it be:

\href{test.xls}

Because excels is a directory and test.xls would be the file inside?
Once you list the directory you would need the whole path (which would
be correct on your machine, but incorrect on others because their
directory structure would be different). Leaving out the directory
altogether should make it relative to the files already referenced in
that same directory and thus in the same relative path on every
machine. Relative vs. Absolute addressing)

I am not a TeX user (Yet) but this is the way paths usually work.....

Raymond G. Harder
rayharder at aol.com

*  "I came to Casablanca for the waters"
*  "The waters? What waters? We're in the
*   desert!"
*  "I was misinformed...."
*                Casablanca, 1942