[OS X TeX] Embedding movies

Simon Spiegel simon at simifilm.ch
Wed Jan 18 19:09:11 CET 2006

On 18.01.2006, at 19:05, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> On Jan 18, 2006, at 11:47 AM, Simon Spiegel wrote:
>

>> Actually, embedding movies into pdfs isn't new. Support for QT7
>> (and therefore h.264) is new, but the embedding itself has been
>> part of the PDF format at least since PDF 1.5. And I was always
>> under the impression that one function of the poster frame is to
>> have something viewers can display which don't handle embedded
>> movies.
>>
>> simon
>>

> Howdy,
>
> Just curious... What processing steps do you use? ps2pdf only seems
> to go up to pdf 1.4. What level of pdf is generated via pdf(la)tex?

Can't really answer your question. I do a completely normal latex
typeset with TeXShop, nothing fancy here. movie15 takes care of the
embedding stuff.

simon

--
Simon Spiegel
Mutschellenstr. 97

Telephon: ++41 43 535 81 71
Mobophon: ++41 76 459 60 39

http://www.simifilm.ch

"I have never been certain that the moral of the Icarus myth is, as
is generally accepted, 'don't fly too high', or whether it might also
be thought of as: 'forget about the wax and feathers, and do a better
job on the wings." Stanley Kubrick