[OS X TeX] DVIPS config file

Vinayak Vatsal vatsal at math.ubc.ca
Tue Jan 17 01:17:09 CET 2006

On 16-Jan-06, at 4:00 PM, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 16.01.2006 um 23:29 schrieb Vinayak Vatsal:
>
>> This is precisely the problem -- I ran dvips with the path search
>> debug flags set, and there's no trace that dvips _ever_ looked for
>> $HOME/.dvipsrc, as it supposed to do. The file certainly exists
>> and used to be found correctly. According to the TeXLive
>> documentation found at
>
> One thing has changed: dvips has become a secure programme! Now it
> does not load files that are above . -- could be ~/.dvipsrc is
> treated as such a dangerous non-system file.
>
> Could you try to invoke dvips with +R?

Doesn't seem to work. Manually setting DVIPSRC as GW suggested didn't
work either. As far as I can tell, the .dvipsrc file is simply
ignored. And the documentation is not helpful -- it seems to say
unequivocally that the file is to loaded between config.ps and any
command line arguments.

Vinayak Vatsal
Department of Mathematics
University of British Columbia