[OS X TeX] TeXShop 2.07

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Jan 13 15:11:14 CET 2006

On Jan 13, 2006, at 5:20 AM, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> epstopdf.pdf looks in TeXShop 2.08 clipped at the rightmost edge ...
>

> Maarten, I'll send you the sources off-list! Maybe it's worth to
> create two little droplets that convert elder EPS property this or
> that way and invoke TeXShop to view the result?
>
> --
> Greetings
>
>   Pete

Howdy,

A while back someone noticed that pdftricks was producing pstricks
figures that were slightly clipped. This was especially true for
glyphs that extended outside of their defined box; e.g., the bottom
of the 3 and the z in CM. Pdftricks produces external files, one for
each pstricks figure, that are processed (usually using \write18)
using latex->dvips->ps2eps->epstopdf. I thought, at that time, the
problem was in the ps2eps processing but maybe it was the epstopdf side.

I made an experimental version of pdftricks which used the steps
latex->ps2pdf13->pdfcrop and the problem disappeared. I also added
the `-dAutoRotatePages=/None' as an option to ps2pdf13.

By the way, it appears that ps2pdf is equivalent to ps2pdf13 not
psd2pdf14. Don't know why that's true. I wonder if there will be a
pdf 1.5 generator.

I'm not sure I added anything useful to the discussion but it seemed
as though it might.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)