[OS X TeX] ImageMagick and i-Installer

Tim Brophy timbrophy at mac.com
Thu Jan 12 00:11:58 CET 2006

On 11 Jan 2006, at 22:38, Gerben Wierda wrote:

> The ImageMagick i-Package has again been blocked as I know it will
> not work. Sadly, what would just mean another compile is currently
> impossible for me because of technical problems. As it is now, I do
> not have a working 10.2 system. I want to say 10.2 goodbye, but I
> only can do that after I have made a 'farewell present', that is a
> volume with all the packages and an i-Installer which work on 10.2
> and fo rthat I need a working 10.2.
>
> So, everybody needs to be patient while I try to solve this mess
> (yesterday I was busy until 3AM and my working day really starts at
> 7AM, so I can't keep that up too much).
>
> My sincerest apologies for the inconvenience this is presenting
> people.

Gerben,

Why apologise? We all benefit from your work. You do all this for all
of us out of a love of Mathematics. We gain, you get nothing. I
think, maybe, you not realise how much we all appreciate your work. I
am an ordinary secondary teacher of Mathematics. I do not know how I
would prepare notes for my students, set exams, or merely entertain
in class without your trojan work. We do not say thanks often enough.
You are great and I thank you very much.

Tim Brophy