[OS X TeX] speed of typesetting on a MacBook?

Gary L. Gray gray at engr.psu.edu
Wed Jan 11 22:55:20 CET 2006

On Jan 11, 2006, at 4:40 PM, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> Le 11 janv. 06 à 19:42, Justin C. Walker a écrit :
>
>> On Jan 11, 2006, at 10:32 , Bruno Voisin wrote:
>>
>>> BTW, Gerben and Richard, in case you're listening, are you some
>>> of these developers who hired a development MacTel computer and
>>> who are now, apparently <http://www.macbidouille.com/news/
>>> 2006-01-11/#12173>, offered by Apple to exchange it for a brand
>>> new iMac? That would be cool!
>>
>> This is for real.
>>
>> We may be in some danger of wandering off into the weeds here.
>
> Are you meaning NDA? I thought that, with the first Intel Mac
> computers released, the NDA on the performance of Intel Macs was
> dropped.

I suspect he means that we are starting to head into non-TeX related
discussion.

Thank you all for your responses. Though I was hoping for a "magic
bullet" response that would make my decision crystal clear, I got
what I expected, which is a very interesting discussion, but no clear
thumbs up or thumbs down answer.

At this point, I am still deciding what to do, but I am leaning
toward waiting until the machines start to ship so that I can get
some real numbers.

Thank you again.