[OS X TeX] TeXShop 2.07

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Tue Jan 10 23:33:22 CET 2006

On 10 Jan 2006, at 23:17, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 10.01.2006 um 22:58 schrieb Maarten Sneep:
>
>> OK. So the solution is to fix the software that created these
>> (atend) files. Would the last bounding box in the file be the
>> outer-most one (and therefore the bounding box you're looking
>> for?) If I understand PS correctly, only the first bounding box
>> should make a difference, so replacing the other %%BoundingBox:
>> (atend) lines with the final bounding box should do no harm.
>
> This is part of the offcial EPSF documentation (5002.EPSF_Spec.pdf):
>
> 	The DSC elementary type (atend) may be used to defer bounding box
> 	data to the end of the EPS file. This means an application may
> need to
> 	parse through the %%Trailer comments to obtain the bounding box data.

So that should be the last one in the file, and the first (atend)
should be replaced. Slightly different script, but not too hard.

> It's a file Themis Matsoukas (mailto:matsoukas at psu.edu) mentioned
> in a thread on incorrect EPS files which TeXShop could not convert.
> I think I can send it to you too, but I'll wait first for his OK
> until midnight?
>
> %%Creator: Grace-5.1.13

Aargh: Grace! Well, officially they can do this, but Grace generates
possibly the worst ps code I've ever seen. (plot some measurements
with noise. They use a 'Miter' linejoin on small straight segments.
Makes your data look rather worse, it exagerates the noise. But, to
each his own. Don't rush, I'm off now, won't be able to look until
tomorrow evening.

Maarten