[OS X TeX] Problem with Spotlight importer(s)

Norm Gall gall at spookyhill.net
Mon Jan 9 20:16:05 CET 2006

On 9-Jan-06, at 11:37 AM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> Is this the same TeX importer that was released a while ago to be
> placed in /Library/Spotlight/? Both are labeled 1.0 but the dates
> are quite different.

I have put v1.2 of the importer here http://www.spookyhill.net/~gall/
latex/TeX.mdimporter.zip

Replace all other versions of TeX.mdimporter with this one.

I have told Richard Koch and if he is going to include the importer,
he should be including v1.2.

I have tested the importer and it _seems_ to be releasing memory in
the same way as mdimporter does when the TeX.importer is not active,
but I do not have the tools I need to track this very well. I have
simply used Activity Monitor and watched an mdimport of my Documents
folder.

_Any_ feedback, positive or negative, is invited and appreciated.

The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves.
William Shakespeare
Cassius in Julius Caesar, 1599