[OS X TeX] LaTeX "forgetting" texmf

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Tue Jan 3 22:27:55 CET 2006

On 3 Jan 2006, at 14:45, Simon Spiegel wrote:

> I have a problem which has been bugging me for a while. Sometimes
> my LaTeX-installation (i-installer) just seems to "forget" about ~/
> Library/texmf. When I try to typeset something with TeXShop it just
> isn't able to access packages I installed in texmf. I haven't yet
> found a solution for this, the only thing that works is to log out
> and in again. After that it always works. I think this happens
> mostly when my machine has been put to sleep, but I don't think it
> happens always, at least I can't see a pattern. It's not a major
> bug, but if I could avoid the logout I'd be happy.

If your computer acts up again, can you do a debug run with kpsewhich
on a file that you know is in your private tree? kpsewhich -debug=1
file.sty should produce something that may help track down the problem.

You have repaired the permissions? You have verified the drive in
Disk Utility? S.M.A.R.T. isn't failing? (I'm thinking disk problems
here).

Maarten