[OS X TeX] Textures for MacOSX is coming soon !

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Tue Jan 3 22:20:59 CET 2006

On 3 Jan 2006, at 16:32, Gary L. Gray wrote:

> On Jan 3, 2006, at 6:39 AM, Franck Pastor wrote:
>
>> A beta version of Textures for MacOSX is about to be released
>> (this month):
>>
>> http://www.bluesky.com/news/news_frames.html
>>
>> At last...
>
> This should be interesting. They state "it requires no installer,
> and fits easily into your current Textures system". If it doesn't
> fit easily within my current gwTeX system, then they can forget
> about me ever trying it.

If it won't work with a teTeX or a TDS compliant tree, I think it
will be a case of too little, far too late.

> I suspect that this is true for many potential testers.

I think that only a _very_ small percentage of their original
userbase hasn't gone to a different distribution. One thing is for
sure: they face an uphill battle, and are well advised to ensure
their current documents can be (easily) used on other distribution if
they intend to ever sell a single copy of their application.

I never was one of their customers, but what I've seen and heard on
this list doesn't encourage me one bit.

Maarten