[OS X TeX] owners & groups of texmf.*

Friedrich Vosberg vatolin at mac.com
Sun Jan 1 22:26:05 CET 2006

Morning.

On my system are two users. If I want to open the file

     /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/doc/latex/tools/longtable.dvi

it is possible by double clicking in the Finder of user1 but not in
the Finder of user2. Why? Both users are administrators of the system.

The permissions of the file longtable.dvi are:

     -rw-r--r--   1 root  wheel  102052 Mar 14  2004 longtable.dvi

The permissions of the directory are:

     drwxr-xr-x   30 root  wheel  1020 Dec 11 23:29 tools

What I have to do for opening the file in both users Finder?

TIA and kind regards. Friedrich
--
Die Freiheit die ging baden dank der Einführung der Datenbank.