[OS X TeX] TexShop and Makeindex style files

Dr. Timothy J. Stone tim at freshwell-house.co.uk
Thu Feb 23 23:58:14 CET 2006

I'm running TexShop (with XeLatex) and cannot see from
anydocumentation i've found (note last word) where I should put
a .sty file and how to feed its name to the makeindex command to
amend the appearance of my document index created with makeindex from
within TexShop.  I've played with what look like plausible locations
to no discernible effect but now give up with humility and would be
hugely grateful for team wisdom rather than experiment further.   I'm
missing something very basic, i think.

All sensible advice gratefully received!

Many thanks,

Tim