[OS X TeX] Delete all processing files

Themis Matsoukas matsoukas at psu.edu
Thu Feb 23 01:40:31 CET 2006

On Feb 22, 2006, at 6:11 PM, Friedrich Vosberg wrote:

> I want to delete automatically [...] after typestting a document

This would not work because latex needs .aux files between
consecutive runs

> or by one click all files except for the tex file and the pdf file
> after typestting a document. I think the best way would be a button
> in the pdf preview window of TeXShop to approach that purpose,
> isn't it?

This can be done with applescript, either in stand-alone form, or
activated via texshop. Here is the script that I have been using
(this is a standalone version but should be easy to modify to run
from inside texshop):

----------

(*This script cleans up tex clutter; it acts recursively on all
folders inside the selected folder.
Original Script by Themis Matsoukas; Recursive code by Jean-Claude DE
SOZA *)

(* the on-run handler is activated when the icon of the script is
double-cicked *)

on run
	set my_folder to (choose folder with prompt "Please choose a
folder") as alias
	GoCleanUp(my_folder)
end run

(* the on-open handler is activated when a folder is dropped onto the
script icon *)
on open (drop_folder)
	set my_folder to drop_folder as alias
	GoCleanUp(my_folder)
end open

(* this handler does the actual job *)
on GoCleanUp(my_folder)
	tell application "Finder"
		delete (every file of my_folder whose name ends with ".aux")
		delete (every file of my_folder whose name ends with ".log")
		delete (every file of my_folder whose name ends with ".toc")
		delete (every file of my_folder whose name ends with ".out")
		delete (every file of my_folder whose name ends with ".pdfsync")
		delete (every file of my_folder whose name ends with ".tui")
		delete (every file of my_folder whose name ends with ".top")
		delete (every file of my_folder whose name ends with ".tup")

		(* do the same with all folders inside the original folder*)
		set myFolderList to (every folder of my_folder)
		repeat with myFolder in myFolderList
			my GoCleanUp(myFolder)
		end repeat

	end tell