[OS X TeX] [pracjourn-prod] The PracTeX Journal "Fonts" issue (fwd)

Wendy McKay wgm at cds.caltech.edu
Wed Feb 22 21:13:53 CET 2006

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 11:59:28 -0800
From: Lance Carnes <lcarnes at pctex.com>
To: pracjourn at tug.org
Subject: [pracjourn-prod] The PracTeX Journal "Fonts" issue

The "Fonts" issue of the PracTeX Journal <http://tug.org/pracjourn> has
just been released --- see the Table of Contents below.  There are
several articles and pieces on the use of fonts in LaTeX and TeX.  Also,
be sure to try the Distractions font quizzes by Charles Bigelow, Michael
Spivak, and the people from SOTA and Typophile, and win valuable prizes!

Please feel free to post this on any lists or sites.

The PracTeX Journal Editorial Board

           *Articles*

     Typographic Opportunities
       Tamye Riggs

     Font selection in LaTeX
          The most frequently asked questions
       Walter Schmidt

     Mac OS X Fonts in pdfTeX
       Gerben C. Th. Wierda, Thomas A. Schmitz and Adam T. Lindsay

     The MathTimeProfessional Fonts
          Or, How I Wasted the Last Twenty Years of my Life
       Mike Spivak

     An exploration of the Latin Modern fonts
       Will Robertson

     Chinese TeX: Using the CJK LaTeX Package, Unicode TrueType Fonts and
     PDFTeX under Windows
       Helmer Aslaksen

     A Survey of Free Math Fonts for TeX and LaTeX
       Stephen Hartke

     *Columns*

     Travels in TeX Land: Using the Lucida fonts
       David Walden

     Ask Nelly:
          Which fonts can be accessed from the TeX Live distribution just
     using usepackage?
          What is the difference between Fonts and Typefaces?
          Which are the best fonts for typesetting math?
       The Editors

     Distractions: Name-that-Font
       The Editors

     *Notices*