[OS X TeX] Timing

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Wed Feb 22 19:01:04 CET 2006

Le 22 févr. 06 à 18:38, Herbert Schulz a écrit :

> So what are you doing with the extra time? :-)

Given I got more senior, and that I'm working in France: more
administration, more bureaucracy!

Pun apart: currently I'm spending all my time on web site design. Not
even writing the HTML code, but writing specifications then
supervising a complete rewrite of my departmental web site (about 150
people including students) by an external web developer using Zope
and Plone. Which means examining each and every single page and form
written, the functioning of every element of the CMS, then writing
down every little change required, waiting for the developer to
perform them and checking the result and so forth. If only I had the
competence of dealing with the stuff myself, it would certainly be
faster!

It's been taking most of my time and energy for about 2 years now.
I'm only hoping the site will finally be able to go online and
replace the completely obsolete <http://www.legi.hmg.inpg.fr/>, so
that I will finally be able to see the light at the end of the
tunnel. And revise that paper submitted on December 2004, refereed on
June 2005, which only required minor changes and which is still
waiting on my desk 7 months later!

Never, ever, get near web-related activities! Or it will be
detrimental to your other activities...