[OS X TeX] Elusive (for me) problem with TeX i-Package configure on Intel

Matthias Damm macplanet at macnews.de
Tue Feb 21 14:53:44 CET 2006

Am 21.02.2006 um 10:14 schrieb Gerben Wierda:

> This is all true. But the machine came with an install on one huge
> partition and I am so stressed for time currently, that planning a
> whole
> redesign of the machine is out of the question. Unless somebody
> knows a
> way to create a small partition with destroying the existing one.

Unfortunately there does not seem to be a risk-free way to do so (the
solution Eric has mentioned seems to be as much work as backing up
the partition and setting up the whole machine from scratch ...).

But can't you use an external FW drive with a freshly installed OS X?
AFAICR, Intel Macs are still able to book from FW drives. Or don't
the developer kits have FW ports?
(If you don't have a FW drive at hand, maybe we can collect some
donations from the list and provide you with one? Just an idea ...)

Best,
Matthias

--
Matthias Damm
mad at macpla.net
PGP key: http://macpla.net/MatthiasDamm.asc
PGP fingerprint: CED3 6074 7F7D 3148 C6F3  DFF2 05FF 3A0B 0D12 4D41