[OS X TeX] figure flying around...

George Ghio ghiog at netconnect.com.au
Tue Feb 21 14:50:33 CET 2006

I have just been fighting this problem as well.

As Georg has said, you have to find out why Tex does this.

What I have found, is that when I make a graphic I get the best result
when I use a paper size close to the size I wish the graphic to appear
in the document. For a project just yesterday I was using paper size
"B5" in landscape for my graphics, sizing the graphic to fill the B5
format edge to edge.

The problem being that if you put a graphic of a size on an A4 page the
graphic was the size of the page. Lots of white space around the
graphic that took up room in the document .  Right or wrong it works
for me. Hope it helps.

George