[OS X TeX] Harsh tone

Arno Kruse arnokruse at macnews.de
Thu Feb 16 17:26:15 CET 2006

I start a new thread:

Bruno answered (to a massage from Paul Vickers):
<snip>
"Sorry for the harsh tone of my original message. This is after all a
minor nuisance (I was guilty of the same "misbehaviour" before
realizing how threading works), but this is happening so often,
despite regular reminders from Gary Gray (aka "the guy running the
list"), that I lose patience at times and post before thinking. Sorry."

I am sure that everyone will excuse Brunos harsh tone - his patient,
informative, comprehensive and kindly formulated answers have a
lasting effect on the style of this excellent usergroup.

In contrary I often notice  an offending, aggressive tone in

	de.comp.text.tex.

So I do not dare to ask questions there, and the same applies to
other groups. But this situation is totally unsatisfactorily.

So let us all be patient and think twice (or more often) before we
attack! Especially experts should understand that many users have
little experience and insight. I have learned: There are no dull
questions, but dull answers.

Arno