[OS X TeX] using \usepackage with other .sty files

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Feb 14 00:46:08 CET 2006

On Feb 13, 2006, at 5:23 PM, KL Tah wrote:

> Is there then another command I can use to make existing packages
> work  with documentstyle?
> If there isn't, it looks like the .sty file will need to be written
> in to a .cls format. is this correct?

Howdy,

I'm not at all sure the package files would work with LaTeX 2.09. Why
are you mixing the two? If it is an old document shouldn't it be
compiled without the additions?

You might try

\documentstyle[package1,package2,...]{article}

but I'm not sure; I was using TeX with a custom format before LaTeX2e
came out.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)