[OS X TeX] Updating Beamer

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Mon Feb 13 23:02:12 CET 2006

Le 13 févr. 06 à 22:17, George Gratzer a écrit :

> I see that Beamer is Version 3.06, while my installation (TeX Live
> 2005) is version 3.01. So I should upgrade.

Not necessarily. In texmf.tetex there is beamer 3.01, while in
texmf.gwtex you may have beamer 3.06 (I have it, and I did nothing
for this, given I don't use beamer). What does the following returns
(in Terminal):

	kpsewhich beamer.cls

> The easiest would be to reinstall everything. This has the
> advantage that everything else is also updated, including the
> packages Beamer relies on.
>
> But how do I know that Beamer was updated by TUG (meaning, I
> suppose, Gerben Wierde)?

There was a long thread "[OS X TeX] updated packages" starting on
February 6, and which discussed the situation of beamer and teTeX in
detail. See in particular the message just cited by Thomas Rike, and
which belongs to this thread.