[OS X TeX] Printing TeX produced pdfs: Apple Preview vs Adobe Reader

Themis Matsoukas matsoukas at psu.edu
Tue Feb 7 16:24:41 CET 2006

On Feb 7, 2006, at 9:23 AM, David Oliver wrote:

> As an aside, I also experience many postscript errors printing from
> Photoshop 7 with the same printer, but the same documents, saved as
> tiffs or pdfs, will print from Preview with no problem. Did Apple
> know something about handling postscript in OS 10 that impelled
> Preview as a replacement for printing from Adobe products?

As I remember it, I was unable to print from Illustrator 10, although
the files (eps or pdf) were printed perfectly from preview.app or
when embedded in latex. I now use use Illustrator CS2 and although I
think it doesn't have this problem, I reflexively avoid printing from
inside Illustrator. The fact that the print window of Adobe programs
is Adobe-customized beyond recognition compared to the standard OS
print interface, is an additional reason why I don't like to print
from inside Adobe.

Themis