[OS X TeX] scripted lower case letters

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Tue Feb 7 12:48:27 CET 2006

Le 7 févr. 06 à 11:26, Peter Dyballa a écrit :

> Am 07.02.2006 um 08:14 schrieb KL Tah:
>
>> How would I typeset calligraphic lower case characters? (looks
>> like \cal only does upper case letters)
>
> \cal is meant for mathematics, I think. You can use ZapfChancery-
> MediumItalic or its urw++ clone ChanceryL-MediumItalic. The latter
> is contained in the tex i-Package, you need to switch on the use of
> the urw++ clones instead of the original PostScript fonts.

I had forgotten about Zapf Chancery, thanks for reminding us.
Instructions and typeface samples are included at /usr/local/teTeX/
share/texmf.tetex/doc/latex/psnfss/psnfss2e.pdf.

That said, I don't think you've got to switch any font setting: I
have not customized anything related with Adobe vs. URW LaserWriter
fonts (Times, Helvetica, Courier, etc.) when installing the TeX i-
Package, apart from selecting Full font inclusion, and when I create
a PDF file using these LaserWriter fonts the fonts are included as
expected.