[OS X TeX] updated packages

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 13:35:49 CET 2006

On 2/6/06, Bruno Voisin <bvoisin at mac.com> wrote:

> According to the beamer page at sourceforge:
>
> <https://sourceforge.net/projects/latex-beamer/>
> <https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=92412>
>
> it seems 3.06 is the latest version. And it is indeed the one used by
> gwTeX, since the content of /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.gwtex/
> (including beamer 3.06) has precedence over that from /usr/local/
> teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/ (including beamer 3.01).
>
> Or did I misunderstand your request? Was it specifically related to
> pgf (version 0.65 in texmf.tetex, none in texmf.gwtex, and 1.01 at
> sourceforge)?

My understanding is that texmf.gwtex does not normally contain packages
which are in  texmf.tetex. From ChangeLog.texmf.gwtex "Removed ...
from gwtex  as it is in teTeX".

So at least on all my computers there is no beamer in texmf.gwtex (and
I never do anything manually with these directories) and there is
beamer 3.01 texmf.tetex.

I updated my texmf.local to 3.06 and pgf 1.01.

However, now I am a bit confused: while Gerben defines  texmf.gwtex, who defines
 texmf.tetex? May be I am barking on the wrong tree?

                        Victor