[OS X TeX] PDF Sync and different fonts/encodings?

Sergei Mariev sergei.mariev at lrz.uni-muenchen.de
Sun Feb 5 19:18:01 CET 2006

Hi all,

I typeset all my documents in using garamond font. To use it, I wrote
the following package couple of years ago and have been using it all
along, loading it with all my documents. [for better readability, I
have taken out some lines pertaining to other languages, I hope I
haven't deleted something important...]

\RequirePackage[T1]{fontenc}
\RequirePackage{textcomp}
\DeclareOption{basefont}
{\typeout{setting up my fonts}
\renewcommand{\rmdefault}{padj}
\renewcommand{\sfdefault}{pfu}}
\ProcessOptions

\newcommand{\engdefault}{padj}
\DeclareTextFontCommand{\e}
  {\fontencoding{T1}\fontfamily{\engdefault}%
                                            \selectfont}

\newcommand{\eng}
{\usefont{T1}{\engdefault}{m}{n}}

\newcommand{\semi}[1]{{\fontencoding{T1}\fontfamily{padj}\fontseries{sb}\fontshape{n}\selectfont
#1}}

I have not used PDF Sync until now. A couple of weeks ago I decided
to give it a try, but found out that with my documents TexShop does
not react to Apple-clicks at all. After some trial and error I found
out that the PDF sync works just as it should if I use standard cmr
font, but after I load the above settings for garamond, it stops
working. I am using TeXShop 2.09 on Mac OS 10.4.4. Sync method in the
Texshop preferences is set to "both". Can anyone point out to me why

Thanks a alot!

Sergei Mariev

ps here is a test document. "mygaramond" in the preamble invokes the
code above:

\documentclass[10pt]{article}
\usepackage[greek,italian,english,ngerman]{babel}
\usepackage[applemac]{inputenc}
\usepackage{mygaramond}

\begin{document}

abcdefg 2123 245 976