[OS X TeX] New to the list with a cocktail of questions on how to migrate from Textures

Damlamian, Alain damla at univ-paris12.fr
Sat Feb 4 19:55:13 CET 2006

Hello everyone,

I am new here and have one big question:

For a long time I have used Textures under Mac OS9, and I have plenty
of such documents. I kept on using Textures under Classic when I
switched to OS X. But with the Intel Macs, Classic will not be
supported. So I am trying to use TeXShop and would like to be able to
re typeset the Textures documents with TeXShop. I know that I will
have to suffer for the graphics, since the way graphics are handled
under Textures is very specific. But I was hoping that would be all.
In particular, I used this short file called tex8bits.tex which
allows to use accented letters in the source file and have them be
replaced by the proper composite at typeset time (thus working with
every the Textures fonts as well as some Mac fonts).
I also used in my papers a cursive font (Kuenstler) for specific math
letters (for which the standard cursive TeX fonts where not really
satisfactorymainly because they were already used for other
objects!). Hence my three  concurrent needs:

1) use of tex8bits.tex in the source under TeXshop
2) use ofone or two specific Mac OSX fonts
3) Use of some colors.

How should I do this with minimal pain when migrating from Textures
to TeXShop or an equivalent front end?

Thanks for the help.

Alain Damlamian

--

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
Prof. (Mr) Alain Damlamian    		  	   damla at univ-paris12.fr
			       alternate addresses: alain at damlamian.org,
						     alain at damlamian.net
  Université Paris 12 Val de Marne
  94010 Créteil Cedex, France
  eFax 	+1-425-977-7513                   (depuis la France 08 26079915)
  tel: office +33-(0)1 45171653          	   mobile +33 6 07564935
      Laboratoire d'Analyse et de Mathématiques Appliquées
				CNRS UMR 8050
	Universités de Marne-la-Vallée et Paris 12 Val-de-Marne