[OS X TeX] Fixed epstopdf, which handles %%BoundingBox: (atend) OK.

Axel E. Retif axretif at igo.com.mx
Sat Feb 4 11:17:12 CET 2006

On Feb 4, 2006, at 3:44 AM, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 04.02.2006 um 06:58 schrieb Axel E. Retif:
>
>> I don't think TeXShop uses epstopdf to convert an .eps file when
>> you drag it to its icon, but Ghostscript or Apple Distiller
>> (whatever is in its Preferences).
>
> /Applications/TeXShop.app/Contents/Resources or /Applications/
> TeXShop 2.app/Contents/Resources have the script epstopdfwrap. It
> is invoked from TeXShop with a handful of arguments. Depending on a
> few circumstances, for example the file name's extension, a
> convertor is chosen. Usually it is epstopdf ...

I'm still using TeXShop 2.03; its epstopdfwrap has

----------
#!/bin/tcsh

# A wrapper to call epstopdf in the correct folder.
# By Richard Koch, Oct 4, 2001, following similar code by
# Gerben Wierda

if ("$argv[1]" == "Panther") then
     set filename = "$argv[4]"
     /usr/bin/pstopdf "${filename}"

else

set mygspath = "$argv[2]"
if (-x ${mygspath}/gs) then
	setenv PATH "${mygspath}:${PATH}"
	rehash
endif

set filename = "$argv[4]"
set epstopdfname = "$argv[3]"
set outputname = "${filename:r}.pdf"
"${epstopdfname}" -o="${outputname}" "${filename}"

endif

Now ---if I drag an .eps file with Ghostscript selected as the
Distiller in TeXShop preferences, the .pdf file is 1 MB; if I select
Apple Distiller as the Distiller, the file is 4.5 MB.

With previous version of GW's epstopdf, my Photoshop .eps files came
out wrong when typesetting the .tex document, but came out OK if I
dragged the .eps files to TeXShop icon. That leads me to believe
TeXShop doesn't use epstopdf when you drag an .eps file to its icon.

Best,

Axel