[OS X TeX] Positioning of preview within Preview window in TeXShop

Themis Matsoukas matsoukas at psu.edu
Thu Feb 2 18:05:59 CET 2006

On Feb 2, 2006, at 11:26 AM, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> In TeXShop 2.09 on Mac OS X 10.4.4: in Multi-Page Display Format
> and Fit-to-Window Magnification, the current page is repositioned
> after each typesetting operation, such that the top of the page
> coincides with the upper border of the window, instead of being
> left exactly where it was before typesetting.

Moreover, apple-clicking on the latex source causes the pdf page to
appear aligned at the top so if the selected text is at the bottom of
the page it remains hidden and you must manually scroll the window.

> This may seem like a truly minor issue, but when you work on a
> document for several hours and typeset it every couple of minutes,
> it gets really annoying.

I don't consider it minor.  I was looking forward to the correction
of this problem but it's still there in TeXShop 2.09. I did switch
briefly to single page view to avoid this behavior but working on
text that goes from  the bottom of a page to the beginning of the
next was really awkward.

Themis