[OS X TeX] last minute switch to gwtex

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Sun Dec 31 17:18:33 CET 2006

On 31 Dec 2006, at 4:01 pm, Alex Hamann wrote:

> 2. Even though XeLaTeX seems to work I can not install it via I-
> Installer because it would tell me that there is not tex installed.

The latest packages (GW's, MacTeX, or TL2006 test releases) include xe
(la)tex as a standard component, and you should *not* attempt to
install an add-on XeTeX package.

Once TL2006 settles down, I intend to update the XeTeX pages and
packages in the light of the new situation, but there hasn't been
time yet (and the distributions have been a moving target lately...)
Eventually, there will probably be "XeTeX Updater" packages targeted
at the new base distribution(s), but for now, you already have a
current XeTeX.

JK